Dionysus Altar Cloth/Wrap
This altar cloth is made of 100% preshrunk cotton, in black, featuring a pair of grape clusters - a symbol associated with Dionysus, the Greek god of the grape harvest, wine-making, fertility, madness, and ecstasy.
- As well, this item features the first line of the Homeric Hymn to Dionysus XXVI: 'And so hail to you Dionysus, god of abundant clusters!' hand-embroidered along the top and bottom edge, in white cotton thread.
- This altar cloth measures approximately 22 inches by 22 inches total.
- The grape-cluster design is machine-embroidered in poly-cotton, in shades of purple, green, and brown
-Each grape cluster measures 3.25 inches by 2 inches - one cluster is embroidered on the upper left corner and one is embroidered on the lower right corner.
- This altar cloth features a hand-rolled double hem, to prevent fraying, and is entirely machine-washable and dryable.
- This cloth would be a lovely addition to your Dionysus altar - or would make a perfect gift for your favorite Dionysian devotee!
Thanks for looking and have a great day!